Monday 11 August 2014

APARTMENT IN ROME




I just had to share this apartment with you.

When I read the caption " Rome wasn't built in a day: Neither was Achille Salvagni's Apartment" from the Interior Design Magazine, I just had to have a closer look.

Mismatching different styles from different era's is done beautifully in this apartment, but Salvagni himself is never quite satisfied with how things are in his own apartment and constantly has the urge to change things around ....

CLICK BELOW TO SEE AND READ MORE
                                                                                                               




With works from Gio Ponti and Paolo Buffa being present, Salvagni also has pieces from his own  limited edition collection that he has designed for Maison Gerard in New York, also scattered throughout the apartment.

Noble material, such as bronze, marble, alabaster and onyx predominate.

circa 1830 plaster bust with swimming goggles

Photo by Matteo Basile dominates the entry

A limited edition chandelier by Archille Salvagni hangs over a bronze edged glass table top

Bespoke side table in marble and bronze

1930s Murano glass sculpture sits on a Paolo Buffa cabinet


Carrara and Belgian marble define the kitchen

Oil paintings on panels commissioned by Paolo Fiorentino


Custom silk rug featuring a map of San Felice Circeo, Italy



custom brass handles on sliding doors of the dressing room

All images photographed by Eric Laignel for Interior Design magazine


xx



7 comments:

  1. Very chic apartment, with so many clever design features.
    Love the 'map' rug and the turquoise wall in the hallway.
    Have a lovely week,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting mix - what a great apartment. Have a great day. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work,If anyone interested similar one's have a look here thanks

    shih tzu puppies for sale near me

    buy puppy online

    listateacuppuppies for sale online

    fuhrerschein-kaufen-schweiz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everyone, today is a productive day. Working on my projects that need to be done in the next week and also coming up with a new strategy for my business goals. I am talking about Mr Pedro, a loan official who helped approve my loan to start up my business at a rate of 3% so I'm really hoping in the coming weeks I can get myself back up and going and not let anything keep me down. I hate this up and down stuff each day is different and I just hate how I feel. I am ready to be that person I was over a year ago who is on track and knows what is important, good health and going for my goals. I just keep faith that I will get back on track and also look forward to the many changes coming into my life in the next few weeks. Keep me in your thoughts, all positive energy is really needed.
    for business loan.personal loan,car loan,home loan and other financial assistance.
    Contact mr pedro for a loan on pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails